The Association was formed following the end of the War to maintain the memories of the Battalion.
To be done.
As of March 2017, current membership of the Association is 672, consisting of 28 Pioneers and 644 family and friends.
A project of this nature, size and scope cannot hope to be successful without the support of many people, including the Pioneers themselves and families who have made archives readily available for access.
Several members have an ongoing contribution to the information gathering, organisation and display of this enormous jigsaw puzzle :
- Cary Sandell (grandson of the late Charles Douglas), website designer / major contributor
- Ann Holland (daughter of the late Mac Gregson), major contributor
- Sue Tovey (daughter of the late M. Field), major contributor
- Marion Young (daughter of the late Ern Veal), past articles research / major contributor
- Ken Fraser (son of the late Stan Fraser), major contributor
- Alma Collie (daughter of the late John Donald), events photographer / major contributor
Contributors of soldier photos / information (other than of their own family's Pioneer) : M. Brown, K. Coles, J. Mitchell and M. Monaghan.